Skip to content
- 3 ounces fresh clams (or mussels)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Hot Eastern Spice Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Chili powder to taste
- Scrub clams and keep chilled.
- In a food processor, mix black pepper, cilantro, garlic, scallions and basil.
- Slowly add 1 tsp. Hot Eastern Spice Oil until smooth.
- Heat wok over high heat, add 2 tbsp. Hot Eastern Spice Oil, stir in mixture and heat.
- Add clams and stir to coat evenly.
- Add Water and chili powder.
- Cook covered 5 to 7 mins. until clams open. Discard unopened Clams.
- Garnish with cilantro. Ice-cold beer and steamed rice are an excellent companion.