Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hot & Spicy Mexican Dip Mix
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in dip mix and water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Spread about ¾ cup chicken mixture on each of 4 tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover each with a second tortilla.
- Spray a clean skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook quesadillas, one at a time, over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
- Cut into wedges. Serve with assorted toppings. Suggestion; Mango Papaya Salsa or Peachy Mexican Salsa.