This beautifully browned, tender and moist chicken looks like it came off the rotisserie.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons Chicken & Poultry Rub or Coffee BBQ Rub
- 1 can (12 oz.) beer
- Preheat gas grill to medium heat (325 - 350 degrees F).
- Remove giblets from chicken cavity.
- Rinse inside and out; pat dry.
- Rub chicken with oil.
- Rub cavity with 1 tbsp. of rub.
- Sprinkle remaining rub evenly over the surface of the chicken.
- Remove 2 oz. Beer and poke 2 holes in top of can.
- Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened can into cavity.
- Stand chicken in an upright position in the center of the grill. Position legs to best support the chicken. Close lid.
- Grill for 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the can before serving. For a charcoal grill, use indirect medium heat.